~BRIAN BELOTT/Wipe That Clock Off Your Face
BRIAN BELOTT – ‘Wipe That Clock Off Your face’ – is artlovers first ever:
* recommended summer reading *
TOP TEN REASONS WHY:
1. THE COVER and the back cover, too !!!! (love that 2 tone i and o)
2. The HEIGHT, WEIGHT, SIZE and FEEL of the book. (like a hardbound COLLEGE NOTEBOOK – but like, back in the day – when they really made them right!)
3. The ATTENTION to DETAIL, its even got beautifully rounded page corners, inside that hardbound cover, without zip sacrifice to CREATIVITY.
4. PICTUREBOX stepped up its game, & actually, who could think it possible, went to the next level – with this production.
5. It’s a musical page turner – you open it up – it starts with a bang & doesn’t let up.
6. The Lay-out & FONT CHOICES: including those 0f the 2 essays; with their CHILDRENS BOOKS hommage. (particularly reminds us of: Lio Lionni, esp ‘FREDERICK’S FABLES’ 1985, PANTHEON BOOKS)
7. The TABLE Of CONTENTS
(What is Time?, The Magic Tree, Needing Money, How to Make Problems, & Sometimes a Person Has Accidents). NOT !!!
8. 51. No Two People (Belott Drawings) & of course!!! 44. Estrellita
9. CHAPTER NINE (Belott Found Photos – arranged tres artfully. wow)
10. did we say: the TITLE PAGE: ‘THE VALUE OF BELIEVING IN YOURSELF – THE STORY of RUDY’. … and trust me!! he ain’t called Rudy for naught. !!!.
‘Wipe That Clock Off Your Face’ – by BRIAN BELOTT – a DAN NADEL, PICTURE BOX INC PRODUCTION
PUBLISHER: Dan Nadel
ART DIRECTION AND DESIGN: Circle & Square – www.circle-and-square.com
PRODUCTION: JON VERMILYEA
WISDOM: FRANK SANTORO
DVD ASSISTANCE: CHRISTOPHER FRAGA
WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM: CANADA
BOOK LAUNCH (NYC) & available at: PRINTED MATTER